Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Power Tips

These are from a lecture I went to a the beginning of the month. The topic was "Being a Better Mother" the speakers name was Diane Sandusky.

                                                          POWER TIPS
1. Start your day by praying for patience and calmness for yourself and your children. Teach them to remember their Creator in the days of their youth.

2. Take a look at yourself, someone made a difference in you, so you can make a difference in your child.

3. Take TIME for yourself, have a 10 minute "power party" daily. Have a cup of coffee , tea, chocolate, etc.

4.Communicate with your friends. Many of them are facing the same struggles, they really are! You could have a double "10 minute power party". A cup of tea and friends.

5. Keep your sense of humor. It will calm your nerves and endear you to your children.

6. Remember to have plans, but, also remember that plans can and will change, its okay!!

7. Make bedtime a pleasent experience. Many children open their hearts at this time.

8. Be thankful for each day and learn something that will make tomorrow better.

9. Understand that sacrifices will have to be made at times.

10. Your children will make mistakes. Allow them to grow, let them choose sometimes.

She recommended putting them on your fridge. I did exactly that, I laminated them first though, there is always stuff flying around in my kitchen :)

1 comment:

  1. I liked when she talked about bedtime. I used to take sooo long to put the kids to bed, read, prayers, book etc...then it became a quick tuck-in and kiss. I've found a balance b/c like Diane said, bedtime is when children like to talk. So, I spend time with one each night, and I've put Mrs. Lee next to Sammy and Eli's bed to read from each night. They grow up fast...and some day Hannah won't be calling for that hug and kiss tuck-in anymore. I'm gonna miss that. Treasure these moments!

    ReplyDelete