Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Knitting and such....

     I am sure that any of my FB friends that saw this title just rolled their eyes and opted to not read this *wink wink* .  I know that I have gotten a bit obsessive with my new found hobby but let me tell you I LOVE IT!!! I can be productive with out having to make a mess out of the kitchen by dragging my sewing machine out.  I can be productive in the truck when we are driving to Columbus (about an hour of knitting, one way) . I have made four scarves, one coaster, and I have started a shawl. The shawl is going to be a bigger undertaking than I anticipated ,due to the length of my needles. I love making things, I love looking at something and realizing that I did that. I am the same way about delicious meals. I WANT my family to LOVE eating the food momma makes for them. I don't think that it is prideFUL as much as it is having a sense of pride in what I have made. Anyway I am excited!!!
  Recently we have been discussing Family Entrepreneurialship (that's a word! Listen to Doug Phillips 200 Year Plan, www.visionforum.com) What can we do, as a family, to make money to support ourselves? My first thought is raising chickens for those who are interested in natural chickens and not ones that have been pumped full of junk.  My second thought is raising pigs, again for the same reason. My third thought is having bees, because honey is EXPENSIVE!! I know I have lots of ideas and we will just have to see where they lead us. These are not just my ideas, a lot of them came from Stewy too.  My fourth thought, is knitting my little heart out and selling things at Farmers Markets.  My fifth is teaching my children to knit and having a sweatshop in the back of our truck on the trips to Columbus!!  You can see where this is going and I won't bore you with anymore!!
   I have also had the interest, several of my friends have inspired me, to eat naturally. Eat food in the form that God intended it. Not in all of its processed glory.  I have conflicting thoughts but, I think that those will be laid to rest once I put my ideas in actions. Since Stewy is diabetic, I have been to a couple of "how to eat cause you are a diabetic classes". In the classes they promote eating some man made foods because the stuff God made isn't good for you. Like butter, which, should be eaten in moderation anyway right? Yeah, tell Abe that! So I have started learning some things from www.heavenlyhomemakers.com (thanks Laura) and we have some of those documentaries about the food industry in our Netflix queue. This is just something else that I am excited about!!
     As far as the weight loss goes, it does not go well. I haven't gained, but I haven't lost either. I am not motivated at this point to add this into my day. I am drinking more water, and trying to eat less (sometimes) but this is my downfall. Right now, I am OK with that. :)
    This is the first pregnancy in five where I have not had at least a small amount of PPD. I had it the worst with Abe, it was a little better with Adelaide. This is something that I struggle with and I have been very happy to feel pretty normal in these 9 weeks since Isaac.  I have changed my attitude a lot and I know that this has helped.  I am trying to give more things to God and trust in Him that he will take care of us.  Easier said than done, but, I feel pretty confident in where I am.
    Well, I know that it has been a while since my last post. Hopefully the next one will be sooner. I am busy you know......knitting!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment