Saturday, July 9, 2011

Skirts and Cleaning

Wow, where did June go? I realize my blog got totally neglected last month! So sorry about that!
   Where to start? First I think I'll start with the skirts; there is something to be said for wearing them. That's for sure. I have had people ask me about my faith (Titus 2:12-14). I have had a man get out of his truck in the pouring down rain to open my door. I am not saying that these things would not have happened if I was wearing pants, but I feel that it is much less likely. There has been one or two times where I have not worn skirts but the focus was still on being feminine. I feel more feminine and hope that I am setting an example for my girls. Skirts are cooler, and they are honestly more comfortable. I was always told this by my ever loving mother, but , in my vast wisdom, thought she was crazy!
    
     I came across a blog a few weeks ago called Simple Homeschool. This lady had some GREAT ideas as far as home management was concerned.  She does 2 things I have started to implement. 1) Once a month cleaning. did you hear me?? ONCE A MONTH CLEANING! How awesome is that! I have had so much peace knowing that I don't have to clean my house every day (yeah right) or every week. She picks a day, she doesn't do school that day. Has a game plan laid out. Doesn't cook dinner. She cleans the WHOLE HOUSE. I picked Thursdays since that is usually our pizza night (makes dinner easy for me). My first thursday was about 3 weeks ago. I didn't get the whole house done, but, I got the 3 major areas. Living room, kitchen, bathrooms. My thought was to divide the day into 2. On the 4th thursday of the month, I would clean the 3 major living areas. On the 2nd thursday I would do the 3 bedrooms. It worked really well!! Well I haven't done the bedrooms yet, that is this coming thursday. It gives me such peace in knowing when I need to clean, instead of always thinking I am behind and I HAVE to do something. Of course you spot clean when you have a mess, and I vacuum the living room everynight because of Big Dog. The major things though are only once a month. Now if you all already do this, I am so happy for you. I wish you would've told ME! If I could only get someone to pay me......
   
      The other thing she does is De clutter for a month. She has 12 areas in her house ( I could only come up with 12 if I counted individual closets, the basement 2x, and the car port) Each month she takes the entire month and focuses on 1 room. Some people will say declutter for 15 minutes in one area, set the timer, when it goes off stop and walk away. YEAH RIGHT! I cannot do that. If I have started something I feel the need to finish it. This way I have a whole month to do one room. If I want to get it all done in one day, great. If not I have at the most 31 days, and at the least 28 days to get it done. This has been so great for me.
    
     A few years ago I signed up on Flylady and was COMPLETELY overwhelmed with emails, I got like 10 a day. That really turned me off to her. A friend mentioned her to me again the other day and I got on her FB page where she has a daily "flightplan" of goals to help you get things accomplished.She also does a 30 day plan to help you make things habit. My struggle here is she has daily steps to get you started. Day 1 - shine your sink (done) Day 2- dress to your shoes (ok who does this?? I don't like shoes ~unless I haven't swept !~) . Can't I do both of these things in the same day? I want to hurry thru and get them all done NOW ! When I get on a roll its hard to hold me back ! We will see how this goes, I am hoping to make it thru the whole month, without forgetting about it!

     Tomorrow is Charlotte's 5th birthday. I can't believe she is going to be FIVE! I will have to blog about that one later! Love and hugs to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment