Sunday, January 23, 2011

It's a new day!

I have been inspired to start a blog (Thank you Mindy Sherin, Jill Hughes, Amber Farmer). There are things in my life that I want to change and I am hoping that writing them down will give me some sort of accountability.
     I am 2 weeks to the day, post partum from our 5th baby.  I have been thinking about loosing weight since I was about 8 months pregnant/.  During this pregnancy I hit my highest weight ever. Although, I only gained about 22 pounds total.  I really want to get into a healthy weight before our next baby. (yes, I said NEXT baby, the McMichaels having kids really shouldn't surprise anyone anymore).
     I am wanting to start this weight loss thing slowly so that I can make sure I keep my momentum by not implementing to much at once.
     Tomorrow I will start with a food journal and not eating after 8 pm. That one is hard for me right now. Especially with having the baby, he doesn't go to bed till about 11 anyway so to not eat for those few hours will be a test! WATER WATER WATER!
     Tomorrow I will do my starting weight, I am already back to my pre-pregnancy weight which is a nice head start! I am hoping that doing this will also inspire others (my husband) to start their own journey. There are a couple of goals that I have for myself this year. I am not going to post them, they are for me only right now.  If you are reading this and you have any advice or something that has worked specifically for you in a fitness/weight loss journey please feel free to share. I would love to know what has worked for you!
    Here's to better health and a long life!

4 comments:

  1. Just writing to offer love, prayers, and encouragement. I am inspired to strive to be half the super-momma to TJ that you are to your bunch. Love you!!! (K)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I am doing it with you! Gotta get everything with my health in good check if there will ever be another Pickard baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! So proud of you! When you're ready to start working out let me know. Especially once it gets nice outside maybe we could meet at the Lancaster Fair grounds once a week and walk around the race track while the kids played or walked with us. Lancaster also has a nice bike/walking path.

    I've started working out at the gym at OUL after my classes b/c I can leave the kids at the OUL daycare while I work out. That's only 2 times a week though. So I'm using Wii Active and Kinect Your Shape on the days when I don't have class. I'm getting bored fast though! I can't wait to get outside and walk and bike again!

    ReplyDelete